Monday, March 22, 2010

Old Post: A1 Bassline

Let me tell you about a little guy with a big sound, from Croydon in the UK. He's called A1 Bassline and he has a very distinctive voice in the Electronic world today. He often will switch up the tempo, or feeling in a song by adding and/or subtracting basslines and percussion instruments, and what your left with is something that you truly can't predict. Check these out as examples.

A1 Bassline vs. Kavs Rave - Lucky Charms (Original Mix)


In a recent interview A1 Bassline had this to say about blogs in general:
I think they are great for new artists, and amazing for getting exposure, I remember when I first blogged Girl Thing, Palms Out gave me a feature which helped me a lot. For bigger artists I'm not too sure. On one hand it makes tunes more dispensable, and everyone has them so it makes it less special to hear a song when everyone has it. But on the same hand it's great that people have access to these songs. I like it the way blogs say buy this tune and give links, I just hate it when people don't and play a shit mp3 out, it makes it sound horrid and is bad all round!

We are not providing paysites for the above posted bleeps because there are none to be found. However I will recommend that you go to get A1 Bassline's new Bad Man Horror EP here.

It is important to note that what he says is true. When planning DJ sets make sure you get mp3's (or even WAV files if possible) that are encoded properly. Sites like Beatport, and Trackitdown can be depended upon to give you the highest quality encoding for mp3s. This is a BIG part of the reason why I send you guys to paysites to purchase the music I post here. Also, it's great to support the artist, for otherwise they won't be able to keep putting out the type of music we all love.

Also, make sure to check out the A1 Bassline Blog in your spare time, as he posts new bleeps and mixes up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment