Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Alpha And The...

Omega is a huge Dubstep artist out of Denver, with a unique style and take on the genre. Describing himself as a psychedelic Bass producer, I'm not really sure what to make of this guy, but I know that I like him. I was looking at random bleeps on youtube when I stumbled upon a remix he did of Come Together by The Beatles (there's a link to their myspace ^^^ in case you've been in a cave for the last 50 some odd years :P)

The Beatles - Come Together (Omega Remix) [WOW!!!]


That was one I never thought I'd hear. It somehow manages to keep the originals integrity while still gelling as a Dubstep remix. A combination that is often attempted but rarely achieved. He does it again in his RIDICULOUS remix of Tiesto's 'Knock You Out.' This shit drops HARD.

Tiesto - Knock You Out (Omega Remix)



And here's a few more for good measure. His remix of Portishead is more Trip/Hop than Dubstep, but it definitely drops harder than Trip' usually does. I guess it fits in well with his whole 'psychedelic dub' sound.

Portishead - Western Eyes (Omega Refix)


Lady Gaga - Just Dance (Omega Remix)
[.wav file, no preview sorry]

No comments:

Post a Comment